Thursday, January 22, 2009

Growing in Adversity

Yesturday I woke up in a good mood, read my devotion on becoming more like Jesus. And prayed for God to use me, "I'm a willing vessel, God". I get to work and found out that people in our office didn't relay a message that we could wear Jeans for the rest of the week because of the weather. You know, no big deal, we will just wear them the next day. I turn on my computer and copier as they are warming up I walk down the hall to get me a cup of coffee. And a christian friend, employee ask "Where is your jeans?" I told her that we didn't know anything about it. She continued to say Yes, you did, they made an announce it, I asked her who made it and when?, She continued to argue with me to convince me that I knew about it, I told her NOBODY in my office or the office before me new anything about it, She continued to say yes, Ms. soandso walked down the hall and told everyone, and finally I said, We didn't know anything about it if so someone or we would of wore jeans today and I walked off.

Now it wasn't the fact that nobody told us about the jeans. What bothered me was this person is trying to make me act like I don't know what I'm talking about. When I know I did. At times I may not know, but most of the time if I am not sure I will say that. I want argue. I've heard comments that this personhas made, she likes to make people look stupid or to prove them wrong and try to get them to think like her. Why did I argue with her? I let this get the best of me. WHY!!?? I avoided her all day yesturday. Finally I called my mom which is TOTALLY a Godly woman. and told her what happen (it is so crazy, so minor). She said I should of done what the Bible said. To handle adversities quickly. Then God will take care of the rest. I should of said from the beginning of the arguement "You know___ you are always right!" then walked off. Then God would of handled it. That being said, Why did i let something so small so childish get the best of me. Why?

As the day went through I kept thinking of my day and how it all started out. I wanted God to show me, my sin. I have failed to study the greatest instruction of life, if I would of I would known how to handle the situtation that arosed. That is what I feel I failed in, and God is trying to get my attention. I woke up this morning to a devotion on this very same thing, and the verse that was with the devotion is Colossians 4:6 "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you know how to answer everyone." Isn't it just amazing.

Lord, help me through this day, Lord help me to keep my conversations today full of grace, seasoned with salt, and to study your world to know how to answer everyone. In Jesus Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment.. I love to read them all.